Friday, January 16, 2009

Carb trouble

Have soaked carb in Berryman's overnight, generally cleaned it up in every way I have heard of from various sources. Carb seems to be pretty clean. However, as you can see from the video, gas spits out from the spout at the top of the venturi as well as from the sideways facing tube on the top of the carb. Looking at the shop manual, both of these connect to the fuel bowl vent. So my interpretation is that fuel is gushing out of the fuel bowl vent. What I don't know is why, or if it is not supposed to. Actually what I don't know is anything about carburetors, really. I don't have a working knowledge of carburetors (much of anything car-related for that matter), so I don't know what a properly functioning carb looks like. That being said, I can clearly see that this is not properly functioning. I just don't know how to get it that way.

Watch the carburetor video below.


No comments:

Post a Comment